TIER IV certification is issued by the Uptime Institute, whose objective is to maximize the efficiency of data processing centers.
Certification does not impose any architectural constraints: it only assess the capacity of the datacenter to respond to endogenous events (failure, incident, maintenance).
The classification comprises four levels: TIER I, TIER II, TIER III and TIER IV. Each level has the previous ones characteristics while adding some improvements. This certification is only issued by the Uptime Institute , and each certified infrastructure is then listed as such on their website. Those absent from this official list are therefore not certified.
The TIER IV level is the highest level of guarantee, with an announced availability rate of 99.995%.
As of today, the vast majority of data centers operating in France falls under a TIER II level.
Thésée DataCenter is the first certified TIER IV by Uptime Institute to be based in the Paris region.
This certification guarantees the following characteristics:
– All components and distributions maintainable without IT impact
– 2N redundant electrical architecture = two completely independent electric pathways.
– Total absence of SPOF (Single Point of Failure) = redundancy of all equipment.
– Continuous Power type generators = operation without time limit.
– Redundant air conditioning type « Continuous Cooling » = a redundant thermal storage system providing cooling in the total absence of power supply.
– Tolerance and automatic response to maintenance, breakdowns, and incidents (leaks, fire, etc.)
In short, the data center benefits from multiple power sources, and TIER IV certification ensures full redundancy without downtime.
All of these elements ensures the most important deed of Thésée DataCenter towards its clients: the maximum availability.